1. I think I just sat on a half eaten pretzel.
2. I took my kids to the big
kitty litter box playground, where one child wanted to be there and the other did not. One threw sand and the other went down a slide that had a big puddle at the end. It was a fun time. I still can’t figure out why they used sand as the flooring to the playground. There are lots of feral cats, chickens and other random animals running around, sand seems like the last thing they would use.
3. My husband compulsively checks to see where my car is at. It’s with the shipper now, that is a good sign. It’s moving a lot faster than it did shipping out of San Diego.
4. I decided to pull myself together and out of my microwaveable food-o-rama coma and make a boiled dinner. I used Corned Beef and carrots for the boiled part and then made baked potatoes. When I looked in the oven I couldn’t believe my eyes. The racks were rusted! I had no idea that could even happen. No fear, Aluminum foil is here. I still have the shivers from the rusted rack though…blech. I nicknamed the potatoes, “Rusted Russets”
My kids were really impressed. It always feels good when you have done something rather simple and your child is like, “wow! My mom is genius!”
5. My husband and I pretty much agree that if the girls remember one thing from their childhood it will be that mom baked lots of cake and cookies.
6. I read Gesine Bullock-Prado’s book (thank you to the reader that suggested it). She has a blog too. I related with her. I actually found myself telling my husband that I really know how she feels because I feel the same way. I would like to bake and knit all day. Wait until my kids start school, then I’ll start baking up really crazy stuff. If you need to know where to find me, more than likely it’s in the kitchen with a bowl of cake batter.
7. I’m tired, but who isn’t?
8. I hope my husband makes me some home fries/potato squares out of the leftover baked potatoes.
9. I’d also really like pizza from Pat’s or Oggi’s. Either will be fine.
10. It’s probably time to get back to my kids…
Have a great Saturday everyone!